Follow the professors of the renowned TSUJI Culinary Institute as they guide you through the wonderful world of Japanese cuisine!
Set of 12 Instructional DVDs Includes
- English language recipes of all the dishes prepared by TSUJI’s professors
- Bonus discussions of various details of Japanese cuisine
In this series of 12 instructional DVDs you will learn the fundamentals of Japanese cuisine. Your lessons start with the foundation of the Japanese kitchen, the proper preparation of Dashi stock and the most thorough description of Sashimi preparation available anywhere outside Japan.
From these building blocks, ESSENTIAL JAPANESE COOKING moves on to the fundamental and important cooking methods found in the Japanese kitchen – Simmering, Broiling, Steaming, Deep-frying and more.
These basic skills, possessed by every Japanese chef, will enable you to prepare a myriad of traditional Japanese dishes in your own kitchen.
Complete Course Syllabus
Lessons 1 - 12
- Lessons 1 and 2: Basic Dashi Stock and Soups
- Lessons 3 and 4: Preparing Sashimi
- Lessons 5 and 6: Nimono (Simmering)
- Lessons 7, 8 and 9: Yakimono (Broiling, Pan-Frying and Baking)
- Lesson 10: Mushimono (Steaming)
- Lessons 11 and 12: Agemono (Deep-Frying)
Lessons 13 - 24
- Lessons 13 and 14: Sunomono: Vinegared Dishes
- Lessons 15: Aemono: Dressed Dishes
- Lessons 16: Nerimono and Yosemono: Stirred Dishes and Molded Dishes
- Lessons 17 and 18: Noodles
- Lesson 19 and 20: Rice Dishes
- Lessons 21: Eggs
- Lessons 22: Beef
- Lessons 23: Poultry
- Lessons 24: Japanese Serving Dishes and Food Presentation